Friday, October 8, 2010

from drawing to tattoo. . .






What people don't normally see in the process of getting a tattoo is all the hours spent beforehand on R and D. Research and drawing(forgive the awful pun) is just as essential as the actual tattoo itself. Now, I'm not complaining about the time spent doing this, most of the time, I am rightfully compensated. I just want the general public to know that when they do get tattooed, they are paying for a lot more behind the scenes work than they are aware of. I typically do a lot of drawings, especially if it's a subject I'm not familiar with, and really only a few make it to the final round. Some people don't really have something really specific in mind as well, so if I have the time to, I will present them with two or three options. Such is the case with William's tattoo. He said he wanted a samurai helmet with some clouds/ windbars and maybe some cherry or lotus blossoms in the background. None of the rough sketches are posted here, but the three finished sketches, the final linework sketch, and the tattoo can be seen below. This is the first session, it will probably take one more to finish.

1 comment: